Friday, February 18, 2011

Elaine: Spaghetti with Fried Eggs

Talk about a quick meal. After swim lessons, the kids are starving for dinner. So I had leftover pasta in the frig, sauteed garlic in oil, fried up some runny eggs which the kids loved and sprinkled tons of parm on top. It was however really missing some crispy crunchy swine! And I probably would add some frozen peas into that dish as well. But it saved me this past Tuesday. I'm realizing that Bittman's "Minimalist" column was named that for a reason?! Definitely have to embellish a little on his recipes. Will try the runny egg on top of steamed rice next time with toasted sesame seeds, a little soy drizzled on it and some crumbled nori for my next emergency, after swim meal.

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaoru said...

I grew up eating runny eggs with soy sauce and rice, so totally know what you're saying. Have you ever had eggs, rice and furikake? Equally yummy and gives you the crunch factor. It's a go-to meal whenever I'm in a hurry.

20 February, 2011 21:37  

Post a Comment

<< Home