Friday, October 28, 2011

Chive Goat Cheese on Pepper Puree

I helped organized a Wine Tasting event for the elementary school. So one of the things I served was the Pepper puree we all made.

I made Bittman's Roasted Pepper Puree recipe. I was first going to turn it into a pesto with basil and parmesan but realized my basil is very chilly and sad in the garden here in Chicago. I had a log of goat cheese calling my name. I wasn't sure how to serve it with my pepper puree. At the last minute, I decided to roll my goat cheese into 1/2 in balls. Grabbed some of my chives from the garden, finely chopped them and stored the chives in a tupperware. Tossed the goat cheese in the chives. Closed the lid and gently rolled them around. Transported them to the event. Created some streaks of roasted pepper puree on the platter. Placed the goat cheese on top of the streaks with slices of baguette on the side. Stabbed a couple toothpicks in the balls. Great colorful addition to the holiday nibbles we will soon be preparing. Here are my other staples that I served and also always have around when my girls are over:
Union Square Cafe Bar Nuts
Olives stuffed with Anchovies (or stuffed with Garlic is yummy)
Hard Salami slices paired with sliced cucumbers
Grapes, Cheese and Crackers
Chopped up chunks of Dark Chocolate

1 Comments:

Blogger Kaoru said...

Sounds so pretty and festive! Do you have a photo?

28 October, 2011 11:40  

Post a Comment

<< Home