Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Crispy Oatmeal Raisin



I know I posted a lacey version of the Oatmeal Raisin a while back. When I made Nigella Lawson's Oatmeal M&M recipe (which is the perfect balance of oatmeal and chocolate and kids love the color), I realized this was the perfect oatmeal consistency I crave. If you want a super crisp and crunchy version with just enough oats, try this recipe. You can substitute raisins for dried currants, cranberries, blueberries, etc.  I've been making this recipe every week for the past 3 weeks. Thats how much I love it.
Makes about 18 cookies
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup old fashion oats
9 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 c. raisins (or currants, cranberries, blueberries, cherries, etc)

Preheat 350 degrees.  
Mix dry ingredients
Cream Butter and sugars
Add egg to creamed butter/sugar mixture, then vanilla.
Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients. Add raisins.
Spoon batter with ice cream scoop. 
Flatten to 1/2 in thick disks. 
Bake 15-20 min.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kaoru said...

I love oatmeal raisin cookies & will have to make these! Will they turn out OK if I make them slightly smaller, or should I stick with the size you're recommending?

08 February, 2009 20:54  
Blogger Elaine said...

Mini oatmeal cookies will turn out just fine. Just bake for a shorter time. Enjoy!

08 February, 2009 21:32  

Post a Comment

<< Home