Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cookie Decorating Party



Happy Holidays! We hosted close to fifteen friends for our 1st Annual Cookie Decorating Party this past weekend.

Cookies - I made 3 batches of Elaine's gingerbread cookie recipe with 5 different cookie cutter shapes - gingerbread man, Christmas tree, stocking, candy cane and star. My arms were about to fall off after all that dough-rolling. Particularly in light of the last minute guest cancellations, it was WAY too many. I froze a bunch (both iced & un-iced) and have been giving them away as gifts as well.

Frosting - I used meringue powder in lieu of egg whites. Frosting colors were red, yellow, green, blue and white. Paint brushes from Sur La Table worked well for "painting" the cookies. I also purchased one container of pre-made icing as I didn't want to deal with icing pipers.

Toppings - Mini chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, red/white and green/white chips, M&Ms, tons of sprinkles

Our "Finished Cookie Drying Station" -



Finished cookies -







Decorating workstation (aftermath... there were sprinkles everywhere) -

2 Comments:

Blogger Jer said...

So fun!!! I love that you hosted your first cookie party and I really loved seeing the photos. The first photo of mr and mrs gingerbread are really adorable.

19 December, 2008 00:27  
Blogger Kaoru said...

lots of work, but it WAS tons of fun. thanks for your advice & help leading up to the party!

19 December, 2008 15:36  

Post a Comment

<< Home