Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Ashley: Beef Stock

Sorry gals for being so delayed in getting my beef broth completed and posted. I made the beef broth this past weekend and used short ribs and oxtails that I had picked up from the Asian market. I roasted the bones and then made the broth by adding onions studded with a few cloves, carrots, celery, garlic cloves, peppercorns and bouquet garni. The stock definitely took time to develop the right flavor and did need occasionally salting. After 5-6 hours of simmering it did taste fabulous though. I do have to say that there was a good amount of skimming to do and you can see from the picture that I probably could have done a bit more. This stock seemed much more greasy than chicken stock that I've made in the past. I took the stock and made some pho, which was very easy and tasty! Thanks for the challenge!

4 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Looks delicious! The color on yours is definitely richer looking--I think I just should have used meatier bones...

15 November, 2006 18:11  
Blogger Elaine said...

That pho looks soooo good! I have one pint of beef stock left in my freezer. I might have to make myself a bowl. Don't think I'll be sharing that pint with my boys this time. heehee.

15 November, 2006 19:10  
Blogger Jer said...

Looks delicious. Wonderful photo and really makes me want some soup! I usually strain stock a few times through a cheese strainer/liner and find this helps really clarify the broth. Also, not sure if you let the stock sit overnight, but skimming fat next morning and then using the stock really helps keep the stock from being too oily.

16 November, 2006 10:54  
Blogger Unknown said...

201510.9dongdong
Louis Vuitton Canada Official Site
canada goose
nike air max 90
Jordan 3 Retro 2015
ugg outlet
Outlet Michael Kors Sale Online
ugg boots sale
Canada Goose Jackets/Coats And Parka Online
michael kors outlet
Louis Vuitton Outlet Stores Usa
Coach Outlet Handbags With Factory Price
uggs outlet
louis vuitton outlet stores
Canada Goose Outlet Online
michael kors outlet online
uggs sale
louis vuitton outlet stores
louis vuitton handbags
Michael Kors Outlet Online Deals Huge
Authentic Louis Vuitton Handbags Outlet Sale
Christian Louboutin Outlet Sale Cheap Online
toms outlet
Abercrombie and Fitch Women's Clothing
fitflops sale clearance

08 October, 2015 20:39  

Post a Comment

<< Home