Monday, October 16, 2006

Ashley: Kofte with Eggplant Salad Round 2

Hi Gals! Sorry I've been so absent lately. We just got back from vacation and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. I downloaded our pics from vacation and I came across some that I've been meaning to post. This was my second attempt at my recipe posting. I waited for World Spice to get in Syrian Aleppo pepper and I do have to say that it makes a considerable difference tastewise if you can get your hands on it. I'm looking at this picture longing for the beautiful summer evenings as I am surrounded by the darkness and rain of Seattle winters!

5 Comments:

Blogger Jer said...

Great photo and I love how even the plate is in keeping with them theme of the dish! The kofte really is good and I might have to make it again for my sis who loves eggplant. I came across a middle eastern deli here in Buenos Aires and they have kofte on skewers in their window!

17 October, 2006 08:50  
Blogger Elaine said...

LEFFE! Did you really have Leffe beer in honor of the Belgian ;)

18 October, 2006 21:21  
Blogger Ashley said...

Steve is a Leffe freak from when he was traveling over to Belgium to work on that deal. He's such a beer snob now and happy that more and more Belgiums are imported!

19 October, 2006 15:57  
Blogger Elaine said...

Mike's favorite was Leffe in Brussels. He felt like a wimp because he doesn't like the dark beers.

19 October, 2006 16:03  
Blogger Kate said...

Hi Ashley, thats so funny I didnt even notice the leffe glass at first as its such a common sight here, only when Elaine metioned it I thought, Oh my god of course!
I live with a leffe freak too, I am more partial to the fruit beers, peach is the flavour of the month.

20 October, 2006 12:43  

Post a Comment

<< Home