Saturday, July 29, 2006

Cath: Kofte with Warm Eggplant Salad

Hi everyone...finally getting back into the swing of things here! Loved the kofte, esp. the spice mixture! That was my favorite part of the whole recipe. So good with the lamb. The salad was yummy too--great summer fare but I'm wondering if it could be streamlined a little bit. I don't have a grill so I did everything inside under the broiler. To save time I roasted the tomatoes and eggplant together (with some olive oil). Wondering if you really need to soak the eggplant afterwards? I tasted it straight out of the oven and didn't detect any bitterness. One funny thing--genius that I am I used wooden skewers WITHOUT soaking them...within three minutes there was smoke pluming from the oven! Not even sure you really need the skewers--esp. if you're not using a grill. I didn't love how this looked plated up (Kate you're right about them having a certain resemblance!) but everything tasted delish. Thanks for the great recipe Ashley.


Oh! I did a little Googling and found some more Baharat recipes...this site had a bunch that looked good...

http://www.geocities.com/umhajar/baharat.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home