Sunday, May 21, 2006

Elaine: Steamed Pork Buns


Three weeks later...I finally got to the pork buns. Sorry Jer. I didn't realize it would be such an effort to get bbq pork. Anyway, I sauteed onions and added it into the pork filling. I am the ultimate "over-stuffer"...wontons, turnovers, ravioli, you name it. So I decided to make these last night at 10 pm. Once I filled them all and put square parchment paper under each cute little bun, I let them rest for 1 hr to let them rise again. But got too tired to steam them up. Went to bed. Woke up this morning and hoped that they would still be as perky as they were last night. Wrong! They all fell, bbq pork filling was seeping out of the bottom of some of the buns. But I still steamed them up.
I think if they hadn't deflated overnite, the steamed bread would have been nice and fluffy. But it was a little tougher than I would have wanted. I think I would add lots more sugar into the next batch I make. The consistency of the filling was perfect though. Sam loved it for breakfast.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

They still look good Elaine. Yours have a good sheen once steamed, my were kind of doughy and damp looking.

21 May, 2006 14:01  
Blogger Jer said...

They did look very good my dear. That was a good experiment with dough overnight and leaving it out. I always wondered what would happen if I left risen dough outside. When I worked in a bakery years ago we would let them rise and then after risen to the right level we'd put them in the fridge where they'd usually hold their shape.

23 May, 2006 11:39  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»

11 June, 2006 09:23  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

21 July, 2006 06:26  

Post a Comment

<< Home