Tuesday, April 04, 2006

What I'm reading....


I'm almost finished reading "The Real Food Revival" and I thought I would share my thoughts and some of the resources that it provides. It has been an interesting read for me. If you are into the 'eat local', 'fresh', 'non-processed' movement that seems to be all the craze these days, I think this book is excellent. It goes into detail on why we should eat organic, non-processed foods and more importantly educates the reader on how to read labels and what those labels mean. Here are some links that it provides that I found to be interesting:

Environmental Working Group: www.ewg.org
Good list of produce that we should strive to eat organic and others that don't really matter.

Local Harvest: www.localharvest.org
Search engine for local produce sources.

Eat Well Guide: www.eatwellguide.org
Search engine for sustainably raised animal products

Hope you guys find it interesting! Sorry Kate, these websites probably don't cover Belgium!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jer said...

Excellent. Thank you for all these great links. I am always up for a new food related book so I will go looking for it.

04 April, 2006 21:44  
Blogger Jer said...

ps ... love the EWG site. Very interesting information.

04 April, 2006 21:59  
Blogger Kate said...

This book looks superb Ashley. Even though its not much use to me so does the local harvest website, I would probably use that alot for seasonal produce etc.

09 April, 2006 13:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home