Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Elaine: Pizza

I dream of the pizza I used to order at Pipa in the ABC Carpet and Home building in NYC. So I decided to try and make it for the first time tonight for a good friend of mine that was in town. I baked the pizza with caramelized onion and sauteed spinach. I sliced seared duck breast and scattered foie gras pate over the baked pie. The crust wasn't as thin as it could have been but still brought me back to nites at Pipa.
I also made Bill Granger's Cinnamon Tea Cake...a bit dry so I sliced up some strawberries and made a sweet cream with some ricotta, vanilla, sugar and stole some of Sam's whole milk.

1 Comments:

Blogger Catherine said...

Yum! And the cake looks really good too. Whose dough recipe did you use? I made mine tonight too and will post tomorrow...

BTW, I put two strips of your candied orange zest in my tea this afternoon--delish! : )

29 March, 2006 20:38  

Post a Comment

<< Home